Archaeology is a game where you try to find buried treasure. The game was developed for Ludum Dare 29 which had the theme Beneath the Surface.
The following are the details of playing the game Archaeology. First, select a surveyor to find good locations for treasure. If treasure is found nearby, the ground will be highlighted with a certain color:
- White - no treasure near
- Blue - little treasure
- Green - moderate treasure
- Yellow/Red - lots of treasure
Once you find a good location for treasure, assign an excavator to that area. If the excavator successfully digs up treasure, it will be shown in the world. Then assign an appraiser, who will determine the value of the treasure and add it to your total money. Repeat until you've found all of the treasure, but you have only until 7pm before the game is over.
- Surveyor (Tripod Icon) - Finds the best spots to dig
- Excavator (Shovel Icon) - Digs for treasure
- Appraiser (Magnifying Glass Icon) - Determines how much discovered treasure is worth